Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity, Inc. is an international organization founded at Howard University in Washington, DC by three young African-American male students who wanted to organize a fraternity that would truly exemplify the high ideals of Brotherhood, Scholarship, and Service.
The Theta Tau Sigma Chapter of Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity, Incorporated, is composed of college educated professional men located in northern Virginia. Our goal is to be “The Leading Proactive Community Service organization, Addressing Issues that Impact the African American Male”. As a result, Theta Tau Sigma Chapter is dedicated to enhancing the educational opportunities of underrepresented and disadvantaged males through the offering of scholarships. We strongly believe that in order to impact leadership of tomorrow you must begin today. To be considered for the scholarship, the applicant must:
1. Male and of African or African American descent.
2. 2019 high school graduate with a minimum of 2.5 GPA; based on a 4.0 scale.
3. Demonstrate volunteer commitment of time to support the community and leadership skills.
4. Resident of Virginia from one of the following counties: Alexandria, Arlington, Fairfax, Falls Church, or Loudoun County.
5. Provide written acceptance letter for the Fall 2019 academic school year from your selected college or university.
6. Completed application package.
7. Completed application form. If under 18 years of age, application form must be signed by parent or guardian.
8. 2018-2019 official high school transcripts
9. Applicant photo
10. Letter of intent: (A scholarship application letter of intent is an application letter which the applicant uses to apply for a scholarship and show their intent for that particular scholarship. The purpose of this letter is to convince the powers that be who they should award the money too. The content of this letter should be centered on academic accomplishments, leadership abilities, and initiative. The letter should begin with an introductory statement and the paragraphs following should also address the detailed reasons why this scholarship should be awarded. This letter must be correctly formatted with proper spelling and grammar. Any errors could be cause for a low rating of your submitted application package.)
11. Two professional letters of recommendation: Letters should be from : Academic (HS Teacher/Counselor/Principal, etc.) and Community (Religious Leader, Work supervisor, Community/Volunteer Project Leader, etc.)
Please note, siblings and relatives of Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity, Inc., members are INELIGIBLE for this scholarship.
The following documents must be postmarked by March 23, 2019: (1) Completed application form, (2) Official Transcript, (3) Letter of Intent, (4) Self Photo, and (5) Two letters of recommendation.
All of the aforementioned items must be included with the application in order for the Scholarship Committee to evaluate your application. Return the application and additional items to: Our Cause Education & Scholarship Foundation, Scholarship Committee, Mason Enterprise Center – Fairfax, 4031 University Drive, Suite 100, Fairfax, Virginia 22030-3409
Applications and other documents can also be emailed as a complete package to: OCESFoundation@gmail.com
For questions about the Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity, Inc., Theta Tau Sigma Chapter Scholarship please contact Mr. Craig Elam, Director of Education & Scholarship Committee Chairman via email at email@example.com or 571-215-5988 or Nichalos Gardner at firstname.lastname@example.org or 314-799-0727. Click here for 2019 Scholarship Application